Celebrating this Be an Angel Day gives you the chance to do random acts of kindness that can make changes in the lives of people. Even simple acts can influence the day of a person and make him or her feel loved. As they say, a random act of kindness can restore the faith in humanity. We all live in the same world and so we should help each other out. And by doing so, we can make an impact in each other’s lives.
Doing an act of kindness such as helping out another person can make you feel good for yourself. The reason behind this is that your body releases hormones that triggers happiness and satisfaction whenever you help someone, especially if that person expresses his or her utmost gratitude to you. If you want to experience this feeling, then this is a good reason for you to celebrate the said Be an Angel Day.
10 Ways to Celebrate Be an Angel Day
1. Use kind words to spread positivity.Instead of cultivating negativity with complaints or gossip, use words that bring out the best in yourself and others.
2. Forgive someone who has wronged you.Is there someone on your grudge list? Take a minute, open your heart and truly forgive them.
3. Thank the people who make your life better.Tell others how much you appreciate them for all they do—from the mailman to your best friend.
4. Give the gift of patience.Let someone go ahead of you in line at the grocery store, allow the car stuck in traffic to merge, or simply de-escalate a heated situation with a smile.
5. Pay it forward.Pick up the tab for a stranger. Buy coffee for the next person in line, pay the toll for the car behind you, or leave money at the vending machine with a note: “Treats on me in honor of Be an Angel Day.”
6. Pray on behalf of others.Send a prayer request for a loved one, friend, or a stranger in need. Caring OurPrayer volunteers will stand with you in prayer.
7. Be a helping hand to others in need. Bring a bag of canned goods to your local food bank, give clothing and supplies to the homeless shelter, make a meal for an elderly neighbor or offer to do their shopping.
8. Put a little love in your friend’s in-box.Send a short email or text to your loved ones and let them know how much they mean to you.
9. Donate your talents to a good cause.Sign-up to share the gifts that God gave you with others—volunteer at a nursing home, the children’s wing of a hospital, the possibilities are endless!
10. Help out our furry, finned and feathered friends.Be an angel to God’s creatures—hang up a bird feeder or bringing supplies (old blankets, litter and pet food) to a shelter. Do a good deed to help those that can’t help themselves.
Celebrate Be an Angel Day different way
The following are some good things that you can do to celebrate the holiday in the best way possible:
Spread Positivity by Using Kind Words
You can celebrate this holiday by simply spreading positivity through kind words. You may not be aware how much of an impact your words have on other persons. You can for instance give them genuine compliments. You can also advocate for stopping gossips from spreading or solving complaints right away.
Express Your Gratitude
There may already be a lot of people in your life whom have helped you in various circumstances. This is the perfect day for you to express your gratitude to them. Thank all the people who have made your life better.
Pay Forward The Kindness You Have Received
Lots of people will be participating in the celebration of this day. Hence, a lot of people will do random acts of kindness during this holiday. When you receive one, pay it forward. There are lots of random things you can do to show kindness to other people. For instance, you can buy coffee for a person, donate some clothing and other necessities to homeless shelters, or even volunteer to an organization for a good cause.
Celebrate On Social Media
As mentioned earlier, social media had an important role in making this event more and more popular. People spread the word about this holiday and so more and more people participate in it. You should do the same. For instance, you can use the hashtag #BeAnAngelDay to let you friends and followers on your social media accounts know that you are also participating in the celebration of this important day.